Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Pie

I should call this Choco-butter pie for short :) This is one of Sean's favorites and his request for his birthday today. I got this recipe from my MIL, LaNiece, and I hope it tasted as good as when she makes it.

Choco-butter Pie
Mix in pan:
1 1/4 C. milk
1/3 c sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
1/8 tsp salt
2 egg yolks
Cook until thick. Remove from heat then add 1/4 c peanut butter. Cool -- it helps to cover with saran wrap and cool in refrigerator while making chocolate part. When cool, add 1/2 tsp softened butter (a little less than you would spread on a piece of toast) and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Pour into baked, cooled pie shell.
For the chocolate part, you can use any halved chocolate pie recipe or 1 package chocolate pudding. (I used pudding. Too scared of melting chocolate). Pour chocolate on top and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Enjoy!

No comments: