Sunday, October 5, 2014

Waffles from scratch

Waffles from scratch
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups milk
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 T. sugar

Combine eggs, milk and oil. Whisk until combined. Add remaining ingredients and stir together until blended. Batter will be thin. Bake in preheated waffle iron. Makes 10-12 waffles.



I LOVE these waffles. This is a recipe from my mom and I loved them every time she made them. And now my family loves them! I add half wheat flour and half white flour. And they are perfectly sweet. These also freeze well! I tried reheating them in the toaster but it didn't get warm all the way through. I know the Eggo waffles say to bake in the oven/toaster oven at 400F for 5 minutes. Or just toast it and warm in the microwave too. So good!

No comments: