Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Baked Spaghetti

Baked Spaghetti
1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1 c. chopped onion
1 c. chopped green pepper
1 T. butter
1 quart tomatoes with liquid (1 28 oz. can diced tomates)
1 can sliced ripe olives, drained
12 oz. spaghetti, cooked and drained (about 2 cups dry, broken spaghetti, loosely packed)
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese

In a large skillet, sautee onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add tomatoes, olives, oregano and beef. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.

Place half of the spaghetti in greased 9x13 in. baking dish. Top with half of the vegetable mixture, sprinkle with 1 c. cheese. Repeat layers. Mix the soup and water until smooth; pout over the casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered at 350F for 30 minutes or until heated through.

Makes 12 servings


Ahhh. This is comfort food for me. This is one of my favorite meals that my mom makes. It made me think of her and miss her! (Hi, mom!) Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

lady di said...

That's a comfort food for me too --especially with my family around! It looks really good! Good job!