Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Meatloaf

Meatloaf
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound ground beef
2/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard

1. Preheat over to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, combine egg, milk, cheese, oats and salt. Add the ground beef, mixing well, and form into a loaf. Place in a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish.
3. In a separate bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Stir thoroughly and spread over meatloaf.
4. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.


Oh. My. Gosh. I loved this so much!! The original recipe (from allrecipes.com) says to make this into 8 mini meatloaves but I just made on big loaf in a loaf pan. It came out a little soggy so because it basically just sat and cooked in its own fat. Yuck. So, how ever you decide to make this, I would suggest doing what the recipe says and put it on a 9x13 baking dish. And maybe line it with foil to make clean up easier or something. But that sauce is SO delicious. And I didn't bake it with the meatloaf either. I just had it on the side so we could add however much we wanted. It's up to you, I guess. Sean isn't a big fan of meatloaf so we probably won't have this very often unless I feel like eating an entire loaf by myself... So whenever we have it, it will be a big treat for me! I really really enjoyed this one!

1 comment:

alecia said...

currently in the oven! Thanks! Super easy! I made it into 6 mini loaves. And I only had mozarella cheese.