Friday, March 3, 2017

Garlic Herb Roasted Carrots

Garlic Herb Roasted Carrots
1 pound fresh carrots, washed
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
2 T olive oil

  1. Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet with cooking spray.
  2. In a small bowl mix the garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper together. Sprinkle the garlic herb mixture over the carrots along with the 2 tbsp of olive oil. Toss everything together, making sure each carrot is seasoned with the garlic and herb mixture.
  3. Arrange the carrots in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until fork tender


I am doing the 21 Day Fix and am eating lots of vegetables. Finishing up week 1 and I'm in need of a little variety. I can only handle so many salads. I'm trying to learn more about healthy ways to cook vegetables. I've never roasted them before and thought I'd give it a shot. It was very good! This was a great recipe. I'd like to try a variety of vegetables this way. I've heard roasted brussell sprouts are good. 

One serving = 1 Green container, 2 tsp
(I think you could get away with using only 1T oil and then counting that as a only 1 teaspoon)

No comments: