Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches


1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Brown Gravy with Onions
12 ounces sliced roasted or deli roast beef
4 long hard rolls, split or 8 slices of bread
  • Heat the gravy in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat to a boil.  Add the beef to the skillet.  Reduce the heat to low.  Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
  • Divide the beef mixture among the rolls. Makes 4 servings



Mmmm. This tasted so good to me. And it was so so easy. I had a hard time finding Campbell's brown gravy (which isn't with the other Campbell's soups. It's by the gravy mixes and taco seasonings) so I used Campbell's French Onion Soup instead and it tasted great too. I had to double this recipe and bought 2 lbs of sliced roast beef at the deli counter and it was twelve bucks. Ouch. Maybe it would be cheaper to do a roast? And let it cook in a crock pot with the soup all day.

I toasted the hoagie buns under the broiler for about a minute and we ate ours open-faced with a fork. I separated the meat from the soup so we could pour the soup over our sandwiches. Then topped them with a piece of Provolone cheese. Delicious!

3 comments:

alecia said...

THANKS! You make my life so much better.

alecia said...

good to know you actually didn't use the gravy, b/c it always tastes a bit funny to me. so i'll use the soup!

lady di said...

Wow this sounds really good. Maybe I can get all the ingredients here in Greece to make it. I'll try---thanks!