Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Alfredo Sauce

Last night I waited until Sean got home from work to have dinner (around 8:30pm). We were both starving. After making that pizza I wanted to try making the sauce and using it over fettuccine noodles. Omg, it was DELICIOUS! Sean and I were huge fans of it. Sean said it was really good comfort food. It would be even more delicious with chicken and broccoli. It is so easy to make. I am never buying bottled Alfredo sauce ever again.

Alfredo Sauce
2 T butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T flour
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the flour and cook until light blonde in color. Whisk in the cream, reduce the heat to low, and let simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and season lightly with salt and pepper, to taste.

Pour over 8 oz. fettuccine noodles. Can add chicken and broccoli if desired.

4 comments:

alecia said...

You inspire me. Thanks.

ms aimee said...

just fyi - I use this recipe all the time. Thanks!!

alecia said...

quadrupled this recipe today and used 75% for alfredo lasagna (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Lasagna-Alfredo/Detail.aspx) and saved the remaining 25% for your alfredo pizza tomorrow! I LOVE THIS BLOG!!

harrison said...

i love when my mom makes this. it's my favorite.