Monday, September 13, 2010

Baked Potato Soup

Baked Potato Soup

2/3 c. butter
2/3 c. flour
6 c. milk
4 c. baked potato cubes (I used 2 giant potatoes. It needed more. I would use 5-6 regular potatoes or 3 giant potatoes)
1 bunch green onions, sliced (I didn't have green onion so I just used a quarter of a regular onion.)
1 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
1 c. sour cream
1 12-oz. can evaporated milk
1 lb mushrooms, sliced (I hate mushrooms so I omitted this. Maybe that's why it needed more potatoes)
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter, add flour, and slowly stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened. After mixture thickens, add remaining ingredients; serve and enjoy. Makes 4 servings. (Ha! This made at least 6-8 servings)

This would be so good with rolls or a bread bowl! Oh, and if you're counting calories, I'd say this has somewhere between 550-650 calories per serving.

1 comment:

alecia said...

omg, I just 2.25x'd the recipe. I have one big crockpot and one little crockpot filled to the brim! Sheesh! Tons of soup. I will let you know what everyone says at RS tonight...I hope it is good! Thank you so much!!!