Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Texas Cake

This is a family favorite that I got from my mom. I’d never made this before so I was a little on the edge while baking. It turned out a little dry but that just means I get to eat my cake with a big glass of milk. Mmm.

2 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1/2 lb. butter
1/4 c. cocoa
1 c. water
2 eggs
1 t. soda
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. buttermilk
Stir together flour and sugar. Bring butter, coca, and water to a boil. Stir until blended then pour over the flour and sugar. Mix together remaining ingredients then add to the mixture.Bake 30 minutes @ 400F in sheet cake pan.

Frosting
1/4 lb. butter
1/4 c. cocoa
6 T canned milk
On low heat bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cool. Then add 3 cups powdered sugar, 1 t. vanilla. Spread over cooled cake.



IMG_1688

Tip: Take the cake out of the oven a 2-3 minutes early. That may help it to not be so dry.

1 comment:

ms aimee said...

fun blog. love the tips and history (cottage pie is made with gr beef...)