Monday, September 13, 2010

Strawberry Bread

I got this recipe from Studio 5

Ingredients:

* 3 c. flour
* 2 c. sugar
* 1 t. baking soda
* 1/2 t. cinnamon
* 1 t. salt
* 4 eggs
* 1-1/4 c. vegetable oil
* 2 c. fresh, sliced strawberries

Directions:
Mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Add the eggs, oil and strawberries and mix just until moistened. Spoon into 2 greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cool in the pans for several minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.


Instead of oil, I used 3/4 cup of applesauce. It wasn't as moist as I would have liked so I would maybe use 1 cup next time. Or half oil and half applesauce or something. And I would add a whole teaspoon of cinnamon so it has more flavor. Also, it was ready after 45-55 minutes with the applesauce.

No comments: